Twelve-Step programs, such as Alcoholics Anonymous and NA, have helped numerous recovering addicts. But they do not work for everybody. If you want to attempt a various approach, lots of Syracuse non-12-Step programs are available to assist you attain and keep sobriety. Questions you may have about these programs consist of:
- What's the distinction in between 12-Step and non-12-Step?
- What are some of the non-12-Step options?
- Where can I find a non-12-Step program?
- Do these programs work?
- Just how much do they cost?
What's the Distinction Between 12 Step vs. Non-12-Step Programs?Twelve-Step programs (Alcoholics Anonymous, NA, Cocaine Anonymous, Heroin Anonymous, and so on) tend to have a spiritual outlook on recovery. The 12 Steps list "God" as a higher power to help you achieve and maintain abstaining, and they follow a set of "customs" that is laid out in the Big Book of AA. Twelve-step programs require you to admit that you are powerless over your addiction. Alcoholics and addicts are viewed as having no control over their use and will constantly be addicts whether they are sober or not. Twelve-step programs operate on the basis that addicts have moral flaws. These need to be admitted and corrected in the recovery procedure. Non-12-Step programs tend to revolve around the pursuit of knowledge and self-reliance. These programs promote empowerment through encouragement and education. Non-12-Step programs may change their approach according to scientific research study. Unlike 12-Step programs, which follow a constant approach, non-12-Step programs are likewise continuously progressing to adapt to new addiction research study.
Which New York Programs Are Non-12-Step?
- SMART Recovery (Self Management for Addiction Recovery): SMART Recovery is a 4-point program that is focused on empowerment and reliance. The program progresses as addiction understanding does, and it utilizes scientific and psychological research study.
- Secular Organizations for Sobriety (SOS): Just Like SMART Recovery, this program values ongoing scientific research on addiction and doesn't register for just one theory of addiction.
- LifeRing Secular Recovery: This program provides assistance and encouragement for members through empowerment and sharing of experiences. Members find which techniques work best for them and continue to develop and improve them throughout recovery.
- Females for Sobriety: A not-for-profit organization that assists ladies achieve sobriety through a 13-statement program focused on positivity and development.
How Do I Discover a Meeting Near Me in Syracuse?Whether you reside in California, Texas, Florida, New York City or another state, a Syracuse NY non-12-Step program most likely fulfills in your area. Check out the sites for the following non-12-Step programs to discover a meeting near you:
SMART Recovery Meetings in Your Location
- Nonreligious Organizations for Sobriety: Find a Fulfilling
- LifeRing: Find a Fulfilling