Twelve-Step programs, such as Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous, have helped numerous recuperating addicts. However they don't work for everybody. If you want to attempt a various approach, numerous New York non-12-Step programs are offered to assist you accomplish and keep sobriety. Questions you may have about these programs consist of:
- What's the distinction between 12-Step and non-12-Step?
- What are some of the non-12-Step options?
- Where can I find a non-12-Step program?
- Do these programs work?
- Just how much do they cost?
What's the Difference Between 12 Step vs. Non-12-Step Programs?Twelve-Step programs (Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, Cocaine Anonymous, Heroin Anonymous, and so on) tend to have a spiritual outlook on recovery. The 12 Actions list "God" as a greater power to assist you attain and keep abstinence, and they follow a set of "traditions" that is described in the Big Book of AA. Twelve-step programs need you to confess that you are helpless over your addiction. Alcoholics and addicts are viewed as having no control over their usage and will always be addicts whether they are sober or not. Twelve-step programs run on the basis that addicts have moral problems. These must be admitted and rectified in the recovery process. Non-12-Step programs tend to revolve around the pursuit of knowledge and self-reliance. These programs cultivate empowerment through motivation and education. Non-12-Step programs may alter their approach according to clinical research study. Unlike 12-Step programs, which follow a consistent approach, non-12-Step programs are likewise constantly progressing to adjust to brand-new addiction research study.
Which New York Programs Are Non-12-Step?
- SMART Recovery (Self Management for Addiction Recovery): SMART Recovery is a 4-point program that is concentrated on empowerment and dependence. The program progresses as addiction knowledge does, and it uses clinical and mental research.
- Nonreligious Organizations for Sobriety (SOS): Just Like SMART Recovery, this program worths ongoing scientific research study on addiction and doesn't register for just one theory of addiction.
- LifeRing Nonreligious Recovery: This program uses assistance and encouragement for members through empowerment and sharing of experiences. Members discover which methods work best for them and continue to develop and fine-tune them throughout recovery.
- Women for Sobriety: A nonprofit organization that helps females achieve sobriety through a 13-statement program focused on positivity and development.
How Do I Find a Meeting Near Me in New York?Whether you reside in California, Texas, Florida, New York City or another state, a New York NY non-12-Step program likely meets in your area. Visit the websites for the following non-12-Step programs to find a conference near you:
SMART Recovery Conferences in Your Area
- Nonreligious Organizations for Sobriety: Discover a Satisfying
- LifeRing: Discover a Fulfilling