Twelve-Step programs, such as Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous, have actually helped lots of recuperating addicts. But they do not work for everybody. If you want to try a various approach, numerous Hagerstown non-12-Step programs are readily available to help you attain and maintain sobriety. Concerns you may have about these programs include:
- What's the distinction between 12-Step and non-12-Step?
- What are a few of the non-12-Step options?
- Where can I discover a non-12-Step program?
- Do these programs work?
- How much do they cost?
What's the Distinction Between 12 Step vs. Non-12-Step Programs?Twelve-Step programs (Alcoholics Anonymous, NA, Drug Anonymous, Heroin Anonymous, and so on) tend to have a spiritual outlook on recovery. The 12 Actions list "God" as a greater power to help you accomplish and keep abstaining, and they follow a set of "customs" that is described in the Big Book of AA. Twelve-step programs require you to admit that you are helpless over your addiction. Alcoholics and addicts are viewed as having no control over their usage and will constantly be addicts whether they are sober or not. Twelve-step programs run on the basis that addicts have moral problems. These need to be confessed and corrected in the recovery procedure. Non-12-Step programs tend to revolve around the pursuit of understanding and self-reliance. These programs cultivate empowerment through support and education. Non-12-Step programs may alter their approach according to clinical research. Unlike 12-Step programs, which follow a consistent approach, non-12-Step programs are likewise continuously evolving to adjust to new addiction research study.
Which Maryland Programs Are Non-12-Step?
- SMART Recovery (Self Management for Addiction Recovery): SMART Recovery is a 4-point program that is focused on empowerment and dependence. The program develops as addiction understanding does, and it uses scientific and psychological research study.
- Nonreligious Organizations for Sobriety (SOS): Similar To SMART Recovery, this program worths ongoing clinical research study on addiction and doesn't subscribe to simply one theory of addiction.
- LifeRing Secular Recovery: This program uses support and motivation for members through empowerment and sharing of experiences. Members discover which methods work best for them and continue to develop and improve them throughout recovery.
- Women for Sobriety: A not-for-profit organization that helps females attain sobriety through a 13-statement program focused on positivity and development.
How Do I Find a Group Near Me in Hagerstown?Whether you reside in California, Texas, Florida, New York City or another state, a Hagerstown MD non-12-Step program likely satisfies in your area. Visit the sites for the following non-12-Step programs to find a conference near you:
SMART Recovery Meetings in Your Area
- Nonreligious Organizations for Sobriety: Find a Satisfying
- LifeRing: Discover a Satisfying