Twelve-Step programs, such as Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous, have actually helped lots of recovering addicts. However they do not work for everybody. If you wish to try a various approach, many Bronx non-12-Step programs are readily available to assist you achieve and preserve sobriety. Concerns you might have about these programs include:
- What's the distinction between 12-Step and non-12-Step?
- What are some of the non-12-Step options?
- Where can I discover a non-12-Step program?
- Do these programs work?
- Just how much do they cost?
What's the Distinction Between 12 Step vs. Non-12-Step Programs?Twelve-Step programs (Alcoholics Anonymous, NA, Cocaine Anonymous, Heroin Anonymous, and so on) tend to have a spiritual outlook on recovery. The 12 Steps list "God" as a greater power to help you attain and preserve abstinence, and they follow a set of "customs" that is laid out in the Big Book of AA. Twelve-step programs require you to confess that you are powerless over your addiction. Alcoholics and addicts are viewed as having no control over their use and will constantly be addicts whether they are sober or not. Twelve-step programs operate on the basis that addicts have ethical problems. These must be admitted and corrected in the recovery procedure. Non-12-Step programs tend to focus on the pursuit of knowledge and self-reliance. These programs cultivate empowerment through encouragement and education. Non-12-Step programs might change their approach according to clinical research. Unlike 12-Step programs, which follow a consistent approach, non-12-Step programs are also continuously developing to adapt to new addiction research study.
Which New York Programs Are Non-12-Step?
- SMART Recovery (Self Management for Addiction Recovery): SMART Recovery is a 4-point program that is concentrated on empowerment and reliance. The program develops as addiction understanding does, and it utilizes clinical and psychological research study.
- Secular Organizations for Sobriety (SOS): Similar To SMART Recovery, this program worths ongoing clinical research study on addiction and doesn't subscribe to simply one theory of addiction.
- LifeRing Nonreligious Recovery: This program provides assistance and encouragement for members through empowerment and sharing of experiences. Members find which strategies work best for them and continue to establish and improve them throughout recovery.
- Women for Sobriety: A nonprofit organization that assists ladies achieve sobriety through a 13-statement program focused on positivity and growth.
How Do I Find a Meeting Near Me in Bronx?Whether you live in California, Texas, Florida, New York or another state, a Bronx NY non-12-Step program most likely satisfies in your area. Visit the sites for the following non-12-Step programs to find a meeting near you:
SMART Recovery Conferences in Your Area
- Nonreligious Organizations for Sobriety: Discover a Fulfilling
- LifeRing: Discover a Satisfying