Twelve-Step programs, such as Alcoholics Anonymous and NA, have assisted many recovering addicts. However they do not work for everyone. If you want to try a various approach, lots of Bakersfield non-12-Step programs are available to assist you attain and preserve sobriety. Questions you might have about these programs include:
- What's the difference in between 12-Step and non-12-Step?
- What are a few of the non-12-Step choices?
- Where can I discover a non-12-Step program?
- Do these programs work?
- Just how much do they cost?
What's the Distinction In Between 12 Step vs. Non-12-Step Programs?Twelve-Step programs (Alcoholics Anonymous, NA, Cocaine Anonymous, Heroin Anonymous, and so on) tend to have a spiritual outlook on recovery. The 12 Steps list "God" as a higher power to assist you accomplish and maintain abstaining, and they follow a set of "traditions" that is outlined in the Big Book of AA. Twelve-step programs require you to admit that you are powerless over your addiction. Alcoholics and addicts are viewed as having no control over their usage and will constantly be addicts whether they are sober or not. Twelve-step programs operate on the basis that addicts have moral flaws. These need to be confessed and remedied in the recovery process. Non-12-Step programs tend to focus on the pursuit of knowledge and self-reliance. These programs promote empowerment through support and education. Non-12-Step programs may change their approach according to scientific research. Unlike 12-Step programs, which follow a constant approach, non-12-Step programs are likewise continuously progressing to adjust to brand-new addiction research.
Which California Programs Are Non-12-Step?
- SMART Recovery (Self Management for Addiction Recovery): SMART Recovery is a 4-point program that is concentrated on empowerment and reliance. The program progresses as addiction understanding does, and it utilizes clinical and psychological research study.
- Secular Organizations for Sobriety (SOS): Just Like SMART Recovery, this program worths continuous clinical research on addiction and doesn't register for simply one theory of addiction.
- LifeRing Secular Recovery: This program provides support and motivation for members through empowerment and sharing of experiences. Members discover which strategies work best for them and continue to establish and refine them throughout recovery.
- Women for Sobriety: A nonprofit organization that assists ladies attain sobriety through a 13-statement program focused on positivity and growth.
How Do I Find a Group Near Me in Bakersfield?Whether you reside in California, Texas, Florida, New York or another state, a Bakersfield CA non-12-Step program likely fulfills in your area. Go to the sites for the following non-12-Step programs to discover a meeting near you:
SMART Recovery Meetings in Your Area
- Nonreligious Organizations for Sobriety: Discover a Satisfying
- LifeRing: Find a Satisfying